ADDRESS: 51 N 5th St, Hudson, NY 12534
Designed by Isaac G. Perry and built in 1898, the Armory building has long served as a community gathering space and as one of Hudson’s most architecturally significant buildings. Prior to acquisition by Galvan Foundation, the building was mostly vacant and little used for many years. In addition, Hudson was in need of new space for its Library and Senior Center.
Galvan Armory now serves as a permanent community center providing a comprehensive array of educational and social services in a single location. Galvan Armory has entered into long-term leases with Hudson Area Library, Hudson Senior Center and Perfect Ten Afterschool Program at nominal, below market rates.